In casual conversation, they may be called screws or bolts. In hardware stores you'll find them in the hardware section. In the industry they're called fasteners. Simply stated, a fastener is a device that "fastens"—it holds two or more items together in position.
So, rather than listing screws, bolts, studs, rivets, etc., "fastener" is a single term that encompasses many of the nearly 30,000 items you'll find here at Fastener Mart.
Below are a few reference charts that provide detailed data about some of the "fasteners" we offer…
- ANSI / ISO Metric Hex Cap Screw Specifications
- Blind Rivet Dimensional & Application Data
- Button Head Blind Rivet Dimensional & Application Data
- Head Dimension Chart — Inch Series
- Head Dimension Chart — Metric Series (Phillips & Slotted Machine Screws)
- Heat-Treated Alloy Studs & Threaded Rods
- Hex Cap Screw Specifications
- Identification Marks for Hex and Heavy Hex Nuts
- Locknut Specifications (Automation Locknut, Grade C, Cadmium Plated All-Metal)
- Metric Fastener Specifications
- Nut Thread & Dimension Specifications
- Self-Drilling Screws
- Socket Screw Products
- Structural Bolts, Nuts, Washers Specifications
- Tapping Screw Application Guide
Be sure to visit our Fastener Tech Data section for even more information.